What’s the Best Bar Prep?
In order to become a licensed attorney in the United States, you will need to pass the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE) or your state’s specific bar bam. Preparing for the bar can be daunting, especially considering all the prep options out there.
UBE scores vary by state so you’ll want to ensure you invest in the best possible bar review available.
Most people spend about 3-6 months studying for the bar. Each person has a different learning style, so before deciding on a study plan or the type of bar prep to purchase, be sure to consider:
- When would you like to begin practicing law?
- Are you looking to practice law in one or multiple states?
- How soon are you looking to take the bar? (Remember, bar scores are good for 5 years.)
- Do you need comprehensive prep or are you just looking for tutoring or supplemental prep?
- Will you have enough time during the week to prep or will you spend most of your time prepping over the weekend?
- How do you like to study? By yourself? In a classroom? One-on-one?
Once you’ve identified your needs and cemented a timeline, you can begin to weigh your options.
Best Bar Prep Courses
When reviewing prep materials familiarize yourself with the UBE topics you need to master in order to pass the bar exam no matter which state you take the exam in.
Best Bar Prep Books
Studying with a book is a good way to get jump into the bar exam. Look for books that not only have a content review but also provide you with plenty of practice questions and explanations.
Best Bar Prep Add-Ons
If you’re looking to piece together your own bar prep rather than taking a full course or studying with comprehensive books, consider these prep maker options.