After weeks of preparation, you know what to expect on the TEAS. You’ve studied a lot and taken a test practice test or two. Now your Test Day is approaching. How can you make sure you do your best?
The Week Before TEAS Test Day
[RELATED: How to Prepare for the TEAS]
On TEAS Test Day
During the TEAS Test Administration
On the day of your test, arrive at least 15 minutes early so the proctor can verify your identity and get you checked in. Proctors will monitor you throughout the test, and they will intervene if they observe disruptive behavior.
Bring the following items to the TEAS testing site
- Government-issued identification with a current photograph, your signature, and your permanent address. Examples include a driver’s license or state ID card, military ID, US passport, or US permanent resident card (green card).
- Not acceptable: Student ID card, credit card
- Two sharpened No. 2 pencils with attached erasers
- Not acceptable: Pens, highlighters, mechanical pencils, separate erasers
- Your ATI assessment ID from the confirmation email you got when you registered for the test
If your test will be online, you will need to know your ATI account username and password so you can log in.
Your testing site may issue specific instructions about Test Day. Read the instructions carefully and follow them so you are not denied admittance when you show up to take your test.
Do NOT bring these items to the test
- Electronic or Internet-enabled devices of any kind. These include cell or smart phones, portable music players, tablets, and digital or smart watches. Leave these in your car or at home. Do not bring a calculator, one will be provided to you.
- Clothing and accessories such as a jacket, hat, or sunglasses. The proctor may inspect any article of clothing.
- Exception: The proctors have discretion to permit items of religious apparel to be worn.
- Other personal items such as a purse, backpack, or bag of any kind
- Food and beverages
- Exception: Items documented as medically necessary
Items to be provided to you by the TEAS test proctor
- A four-function calculator: if you are taking the paper-and-pencil version of the test
- If your test is on the computer, then the calculator will be onscreen.
- Scratch paper: you may not write on this paper before the test begins or during your break, and you must return all scratch paper to the proctor at the end of the test
Note that during the TEAS test, if you need to leave for any reason, you must raise your hand and be excused by the proctor. While you are out of the room, the timer will continue to count down; any time you miss cannot be made up. If you need the proctor’s assistance for any other reason, such as a technical malfunction with your computer, raise your hand. Finally, if you find the test setting uncomfortable or inadequate, report your concern to the proctor before leaving the room at the end of the test.
After the test, celebrate! You’ve prepared, practiced, and performed like a champion. Now that the test is over, it’s time to congratulate yourself on a job well done. Celebrate responsibly with friends and family and enjoy the rest of your day, knowing you just took an important step toward reaching your goals.